As a new guy at the University of Michigan, I spend a lot of my time explaining who I am and what I mean by computing education research. In this and the next blog posts, I am sharing two of those explanations. The first one was a six minute lightning talk to the University of […]
via What do I mean by Computing Education Research? The Social Science Perspective — Computing Education Research Blog
We need scholars and educators who compute.
“The Interdependency, humanity’s interstellar empire, is on the verge of collapse.” At Tor.com, read the prologue from acclaimed sci-fi author John Scalzi’s upcoming “epic space-opera novel,” The Consuming Fire.”
via John Scalzi’s The Consuming Fire: Prologue — Discover
Advantages and disadvantages of homeworks Disadvantages of Homework These are three of those advantages. Imagine being stripped of Because when they have homework almost every day, they will feel tired and bored to do it over and over again. But what effect is this having on our children? The Internet is a collection of various […]
via Advantages and disadvantages of homeworks — Business plan video game store
Also, visit homework help and textbook solutions
Mathematics is a vital key to success in the world! Math is a methodical explanation of our universe! Math makes our life orderly and helps eliminate chaos. Many human qualities are developed and strengthened by mathematics including the ability to reason, to create, to think abstractly or use spatial thinking, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving abilities. […]
via Mathematics! Is It Really That Important! — Author DC Gilbert
Here’s a catalog of why you need to choose STEM over other subjects:
1. STEM education molds out critical thinkers as opposed to blind followers.
2. When science literacy increases it enables the next generation of innovators.
3. STEM degree holders have higher income in non-STEM careers and become subject-matter experts.
4. Science, Technological, Engineering, Mathematics workers play a key role in sustained growth and stability of the economy.
5. Exposing students to stem and giving them opportunities in stem-related subjects gives them a passion for it and they will hopefully pursue jobs in the field
6. STEM activities provide hands-on and minds-on lessons for the student.
7. It goes beyond homework assignments to create better lifestyles, where students look for smarter solutions to problems and scalable options for worldwide issues.
“Climate change? That’s a “you” problem – I’ll be dead soon.” UPDATE: Newer cut focused on climate.
via Dear Young People, Don’t Vote. Sincerely, Old People — Climate Denial Crock of the Week
Plants in the Arctic are growing taller because of climate change, according to research from a global scientific collaboration. While the region is usually thought of as a vast, desolate landscape of ice, it is in fact home to hundreds of species of low-lying shrubs, grasses and other plants that play a critical role in…
via Latest climate complaint: Arctic plants are getting “too tall” — Watts Up With That?